No matter the season, there is always a good reason for refreshing drinks and a white wine based cocktail is always welcome.
Read on below to find 3 refreshing drinks made with white wine that Terry Pomerantz loves.
3 refreshing drinks made from white wine
Terry Pomerantz has selected 3 out of numerous recipes for refreshing cocktails made with white wine.
Ingredients (for 4 people)
- 1 dry white wine bottle (Riesling, Pinot Blanc or Chardonnay)
- 40 cl of lemonade
- 10 cl of lemon syrup
- 1 lemon
- Ice cubes
- Slice the lemon. Set aside.
- In a large pitcher, pour the wine and the lemon syrup, and mix.
- Add the lemonade, the lemon slices and some ice cubes. Mix and serve.
2. Spritz Mojito Style
Ingredients (for 1 cocktail)
- 50 ml of Apérol
- 40 ml of dry white wine
- 10 ml of lime juice
- 1 tsp of cane sugar
- 7 leaves of mint
- 1 quarter lime
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling water
- Place the mint leaves in a glass
- Add the cane sugar and lime juice
- Crush with a pestle
- Add the quarter lime
- Pour in the Apérol and white wine
- Add ice cubes and a bit of sparkling water. Mix and serve.
3. White Sangria
- 1 bottle of white wine
- 750 ml of lemonade
- 250 ml of orange juice
- 125 ml of sugar
- 250 ml of Grand Marnier
- 1 apple, pitted and sliced
- 1 orange, cut into half slices
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 1 lime, cut into slices
- 250 ml of grapes, cut in half
- In a large pitcher or punch bowl, mix sugar, Grand Marnier, wine, orange juice and lemonade.
- Add the fruit.
- Leave in the fridge until it is time to serve.
- Before serving, add ice cubes.
“No matter what the weather is in Quebec, it is always hot somewhere else in the world! So, why deny ourselves a delicious cocktail made from white wine? After all, it is always refreshing!” concludes Terry Pomerantz while adding a few lime slices to the White Sangria he has just finished preparing.